Any educator who works or lives in Stratford, including teachers, licensed daycare providers or nursery school teachers, and homeschooling teachers may apply for a Teacher Library Card upon presenting proper identification.
- Patrons may use a Teacher Library Card to borrow materials for use only in the school library media center, classroom, nursery school, or daycare facility.
- The cards need to be renewed each school year.
- Teachers should continue to use their own library cards to borrow items for their personal use.
- In some circumstances, the library may limit the number of items borrowed on a particular topic. This is to ensure that other patrons coming to the library will also be able to find materials on the subject.
- The loan time for materials checked out on a Teacher Library Card is six weeks for all materials except for DVDs, which are available for 7 days. If teachers need materials longer than policies allow, they should ask a librarian to make appropriate arrangements. Video Games and New Release DVDs cannot be checked out with a Teacher Library Card.
- In the event that items are not returned on time, accumulated fines will be discounted by one- half. Lost items will need to be paid for according to library policy. Fines should be settled and all items returned by June 30 of the current school year.
Written 10/18/02 Reviewed 07/03, 1/14