I have prepared this recipe for family and many holiday parties over the years.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup margarine or butter melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cans cherry pie filling
- Chopped walnuts or pecans optional
- Mix the first three ingredients together and pat into a 9 x13 x 2 baking pan.
- Mix by hand: Cool Whip, powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Pour the two cans of cherry pie filling over the cream mixture.
- Sprinkle walnuts or pecans on the top if you like.