Welcome to the Stratford Library Children’s Department.
The Children’s Department is open in the Lovell Room during construction in September and October. We have a selection of materials available in the Lobby and Lovell Room and will be offering storyhours and programs. Click here for our hours in the Lovell Room and more information.
As we move to our first floor home, we thought you’d like to know where to find items for children. Here’s the 2-1-1!
- DVDs and Video Games are in the Main Lobby to the left of the front door as you face Main Street.
- Playaways, CDs, and a selection of Children’s Books are in the Main Lobby to the left of the back door as you face the back parking lot.
- Books on CDs and Readalongs are to the left of the first elevator. Some overflow is beneath the Children’s DVDs
- Books in the Lobby – when our ‘room’ is closed, you can always find books in the Lobby. Some are on the table with the CDs, and some are on the table opposite the adult DVDs. Also don’t forget about ebooks and eaudiobooks. They are available 24/7.
BOOKS! Our temporary home is in the Library Lovell Room. There you will find…
- Over 4,000 books including picture books, easy readers, chapter books, magazines, nonfiction, biographies, and graphic novels. There are lots and lots – stop by and check some out and see our temporary home!
PROGRAMS! Our September program calendar is online via the Events menu. We’re especially excited about the Digital Bookmobile visit on September 19. And there are numerous other special events and storytimes for you to enjoy.
Questions? Please email us at childrens [at] stratfordlibrary.org – we love to hear from you and look forward to our temporary home and returning to our bright and shiny Children’s Department sometime around the end of October.
Congratulations to all the participants in our summer reading programs.You’ve read over 18,000 books and counting. The final numbers aren’t in yet, but the prize drawings did take place today. All the winners were phoned, and the list is posted in the Children’s Department.
We are so proud of all of you. If you haven’t stopped in yet to tell us what your favorite books of the summer were, please do! We’d love to hear from you. Remember, we’re moving to the Lovell Room September 8-mid-October during repairs to our ceilings, so be sure to check out a bunch of books before our 2nd floor home closes… temporarily.
Well, as of this morning, you’ve read over 15,100 books, so your librarians (with a little help from some Stratford readers) will be singing ….drum roll please … Shake It Off! Well, let’s just say it will be our own version of Shake It Off with some special library lyrics. We hope you’ll sing along at the party.
Here is how we picked our song:
134 children voted for Shake It Off
107 children voted for What Does the Fox Say? (The librarians admit a small amount of relief they do not have to practice all the animal noises – thank you, voters!)
57 children voted for Say, Geronimo
46 children voted for ABC