Welcome to the Stratford Library Children’s Department.
Join us at the Chocolate Factory! The Stratford Library Children’s Department will hold a special Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Bookfair fundraiser at Barnes & Noble of Milford (1375 Boston Post Road) with purchases benefiting the Stratford Library Children’s Department.
Family night, with children’s activities and an art display, is Friday, November 20 from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
- Join us for crafts, a scavenger hunt, games, and a special chocolate café menu.
- At 6:15 p.m., Magician Jay Reidy will present a 20 minute magic show.
- At 7 pm play Willy Wonka’s Factory Adventure game.
- Your purchases benefit the Library’s summer reading program! Use the Library’s Bookfair ID# (11689270) at checkout or mention the Library, Library patrons can shop November 20-25 at Barnes & Noble of Milford. For more information, please call the Library at 203.385.4165 or visit the website at www.stratfordlibrary.org.
image courtesy of Flickr user Kevin “Giant Candy”
As we move to our first floor home, we thought you’d like to know where to find items for children. Here’s the 2-1-1!
- DVDs and Video Games are in the Main Lobby to the left of the front door as you face Main Street.
- Playaways, CDs, and a selection of Children’s Books are in the Main Lobby to the left of the back door as you face the back parking lot.
- Books on CDs and Readalongs are to the left of the first elevator. Some overflow is beneath the Children’s DVDs
- Books in the Lobby – when our ‘room’ is closed, you can always find books in the Lobby. Some are on the table with the CDs, and some are on the table opposite the adult DVDs. Also don’t forget about ebooks and eaudiobooks. They are available 24/7.
BOOKS! Our temporary home is in the Library Lovell Room. There you will find…
- Over 4,000 books including picture books, easy readers, chapter books, magazines, nonfiction, biographies, and graphic novels. There are lots and lots – stop by and check some out and see our temporary home!
PROGRAMS! Our September program calendar is online via the Events menu. We’re especially excited about the Digital Bookmobile visit on September 19. And there are numerous other special events and storytimes for you to enjoy.
Questions? Please email us at childrens [at] stratfordlibrary.org – we love to hear from you and look forward to our temporary home and returning to our bright and shiny Children’s Department sometime around the end of October.