Welcome to the Stratford Library Children’s Department.
Teen volunteers will be here to read with children and practice math at the following times (Parents should remain in the building during any homework help).
August 14, 5-7 pm
August 15, 10am-12pm, 5pm-7pm
August 21 5pm-7pm
Questions? 203.385.4165Continue reading →
We’ve been enjoying summer reading SO much this year, and one of our FAV. things is to hear about your favorite books! One that we have seen on many lists this year is Dog Man. A couple things you should know:
- It is by Dav (no e!) Pilkey, who is also the author of Captain Underpants and Ricky Ricotta.
- It is 2 words. Dog Man. Lots of times people have trouble looking it up because it sounds as if it should be one word.
- It is very funny.
- It is a comic book, aka graphic novel.
- Right now, there are 4 Dog Man books; Dog Man, Dog Man and Cat Kid, Dog Man Unleashed, Dog Man: A Tale of Two Kitties
- If you like it, we recommend Stick Cat. It is more of a chapter book with doodles, but we think it is equally hilarious. You could also enjoy Crafty Cat, which is a graphic novel.
- We don’t fight like cats and dogs about cats and dogs books here at the Library – we enjoy them both!!!
The Lucey Brennan Academy of Irish Dance will visit the Library on Saturday, July 28 at 11 am for families with children ages 4 to teen. Watch a demonstration, then try it for yourself! Dance in socks or sneakers for safety. Register via the Library’s Events page or call 203.385.4165.Continue reading →