Welcome to the Stratford Library Teen Page!
STRATFORD lIBRARY TO HOST DIGITAL BOOKMOBILE NATIONAL TOUR EVENT Free digital titles with just a library card and an Internet-connected computer or device Saturday, Sep. 19, 10am-4pm The Digital Bookmobile National Tour
will showcase the digital content services available in the library’s back parking lot on September 19 from 10am-4pm. At these free events, readers of all ages will learn how to access eBooks from the library through interactive demonstrations and high-definition instructional videos. The Gadget Gallery—featuring Kindle® Fire, iPad® Mini, Android™ Galaxy Tablet, NOOK™ HD+, Creative® Zen, Kindle® Paperwhite, Windows® Phone 8, and more—will help visitors discover portable devices that are compatible with the library’s digital service. The Digital Bookmobile is housed inside an 18-wheel tractor-trailer. This 74-foot community outreach vehicle is a high-tech update of the traditional bookmobile that has served communities for decades. The vehicle is equipped with broadband Internet-connected PCs, high definition monitors, premium sound systems, and a variety of portable media players, all of which help visitors explore Stratford Library’s digital service. Interactive learning stations give visitors an opportunity to search the library’s digital media collection, use supported mobile devices, and sample eBooks, audiobooks, and video.
School Summer Reading Assignments
You still have time to grab some great books and complete your summer reading assignments. Stop by the Teen Desk and let us help choose your books and print your assignment forms!
Click here to find all the details on our YouTube Contest! The winning individual or group will each win a pair of Sentey High Def Headphones.
September program dates:
- Youth Review Board–Sept. 2nd– 3:30 pm
- Anime Club-Sept. 9th– 4:00 pm
- Creative Writing-Sept. 21st–6:30-8 pm
Stop by the Teen Desk or call 203-385-4167 for more information.
Uh-oh! Those school summer assignments need to be completed soon! Don’t worry. We have your school lists at the Homework Desk and the library staff is here and ready to help you choose the perfect book(s) and print out any required forms and packets! We have some great book displays too including books about Football, NEW titles, and Quick Reads. Stop by and let us help you complete that summer assignment.
Light, Camera, Action!
- Create a 2-5 minute video by yourself or with up to 4 friends to be uploaded to You Tube. The winning video will be posted on the StratfordTeen You Tube Channel.
- The video with the most ‘views’ between September 19th and October 17th will WIN!
- The winning teen or group of teens will each receive:
Sentey Warp High Def Stereo Headphones!
Here are the guidelines:
- Video should be between 2-5 minutes.
- Submit your video to Teen staff by September 15th so we can upload it.
- Use your own equipment or come into Teen and borrow ours!
- Mention the Teen Department in your video and/or your credits!