2023 Tax Filing Season Begins on January 23
For more information and tips to make tax filing easier click here for IRS info
Available at the Library
-1040 & 1040SR form booklet
-1040 & 1040SR instruction booklet
If you need additional forms or schedules printed, please call the library at 203-385-4164 or stop by the Reference Desk and we will print what you need. Regular printing fees apply (.15 per page)
Connecticut Department of Revenue Services is NOT providing printed forms or instructions this year.
- They encourage everyone to file online at https://portal.ct.gov/DRS/myconneCT/myconneCT
- For more information: Connecticut Resident Income Tax Information
- CT Tax Forms & Instructions are available at: CT Dept of Revenue Services https://portal.ct.gov/DRS/DRS-Forms/Current-Year-Forms/Individual-Income-Tax-Forms
or call 860-297-5962
- The Stratford Library can also print out forms or instructions, please call 203-385-4164 or stop by the Reference Desk and we will print what you need. Regular printing fees apply (.15 per page)
Free help with your income tax return in Stratford area
1) South End Community Center – IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA)
The South End Community offers VITA tax preparation of income taxes for individuals and families who earn less than $58,000 annually.
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. NO WALK-INS.
Call (203) 377-0689 to schedule an appointment
2) Baldwin Center – Free Income Tax Preparation by IRS Trained Volunteers
IRS/AARP Tax-Aide Program
Mondays & Tuesdays 8:30 am – 11:30 am
January 30, 2023 – April 11, 2023 (Closed President’s Day: February 20th)
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. NO WALK-INS.
Call (203) 385-4050 to schedule an appointment
All appointments will take place at The Baldwin Center.
Please pick up and fill out an interview form PRIOR to your appointment.
Forms are available in the Baldwin Center Lobby & Drop Box left of the main entrance.
Bring your tax documents with you on the day of your appointment.
DO NOT drop them off at the center.
PLEASE BRING WITH YOU:
- Last year’s tax return (if available)
- Photo IDs and Social Security Cards for all taxpayers and dependents
Arrive at your appointment time only.
Early arrivals will not be seen prior to their scheduled appointment.
3) VITA at Burroughs Community Center
2470 Fairfield Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 06605
Service available: Scan Documents at Burroughs & then schedule your tax appointment in-person or virtual (phone call).*
No appointment is needed to have your documents scanned.
Monday – Thursday, 9AM – 7PM or Friday 9AM – 4PM.
*You must have ALL of your tax documents prior to coming to Burroughs to have your documents scanned.
4) Milford Senior Center – Free Income Tax Preparation (VITA)
9 Jepson Drive, Milford, CT 06460
Available by appointment on either Monday evenings from 5pm – 6:30pm or Sundays from 11:30am- 1:30pm beginning January 29th and continuing through April 17, 2023. Easy online scheduling at uwc.211ct.org/taxhelp/ or call TEAM (203) 736-5420 ext.1206 for more assistance & information.
For additional free tax help locations Call 2-1-1, Connecticut’s free information and referral service or go to uwc.211ct.org/taxhelp/
Additional Information you may need:
Order Tax Forms & Instructions directly from the IRS: 1-800-829-3676
IRS Live Telephone Assistance for Individuals: 1-800-829-1040
Local IRS Tax Assistance Center
915 Lafayette Boulevard, Bridgeport, CT 06604
Field office hours M-F: 8:30am-4:30pm
For Information: 203-384-5818
To Make an Appointment: 844-545-5640
IRS website: www.irs.gov
Connecticut Department of Revenue Services
Please call or e-mail DRS first for assistance. In many cases, a taxpayer’s question can be answered via phone and/or with information available online. You can also request paper forms.
860-297-5962 (from anywhere);
800-382-9463 (within CT, outside Greater Hartford area only)
860-297-4911 (Hearing Impaired, TDD/TT users only).
Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.