This is one of my favorite go-to recipes. It's easy, looks fancy, and tastes amazing. Enjoy!
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes halved
- 2 tbsp. shredded basil
- 4 slices mozzarella
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook through until golden, 6 minutes per side. Transfer to plate.
- Add balsamic vinegar to skillet to deglaze, then add garlic and stir until fragrant, 1 minute. Add tomatoes and season with salt. Let simmer until soft, 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in basil.
- Return chicken to skillet and nestle in tomatoes. Top with a slice of mozzarella and cover with lid to melt cheese.