Cheese Square Pastries
Mother-in-law shared this recipe. Easy to make!
- 2 pkgs 8 each crescent rolls (dough)
- 2 pkgs 8 oz. each Cream Cheese can substitute 16 oz. Tofutti
- 1 cup sugar or to taste
- 1 large egg separated
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ⅓ cup cinnamon to taste
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease 8x12x2 baking pan.
- Combine softened cream cheese, egg yolk, sugar, vanilla, and mix by hand till smooth.
- Unroll one package of rolls and place dough on bottom of baking pan.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over bottom layer of dough then cover with second package of rolls.
- Brush top generously with beaten egg white and sprinkle with topping mix.
- Bake til golden brown (approx. 35 minutes), cool completely and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar as desired. Enjoy!