I found this recipe in a magazine about 20 years ago. It was one of the first meals I cooked when I started living on my own and one of the first I made for my husband when we started dating.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped shallots about 6
- ½ lb mushrooms stemmed and sliced
- ⅓ cup white wine
- 1 ½ cups fresh tomato sauce
- ¼ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- ¾ lb rigatoni
- Parmesan cheese grated, to taste
- In a saucepan, heat oil over m, until vegetables have softened medium heat. Add shallots and mushrooms; cook stirring, 3-4 minutes until vegetables have softened and mushrooms have released their juices.
- Add wine, cook until evaporated, 2-3 minutes. Add tomato sauce, parsley, salt and pepper; bring to a simmer and cook 4-5 minutes stir in cream; simmer uncovered 2 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add pasta. Cook, uncovered, over heat, 7-9 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain pasta, return to pot and mix well with sauce. Sprinkle with cheese, serve hot.