Nana's Chocolate Cake
Passed down from my sister-in-laws grandmother, to her mother, to her, then to my mom, then to me! A favorite at every party.
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 ½ cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 squares baking chocolate melted or you can use squeeze envelopes
- 3 ½ cup flour
- 2 cup sour milk 2 tsp vinegar in sweet milk
- 2 tsp baking soda mixed in hot water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- This is for a LARGE cake pan - cut in half for small
- Mix ingredients one at a time until well blended. Bake at 350 for about 1 hour or until done.
- Frost with your favorite flavor.