Responses to Vendor Questions
- Why did you decide to work with a consultant after having done strategic plans internally for the past decade?
It has been 20+ years since the Stratford Library Association worked with a consultant on strategic planning. The Library Board expects that a strategic plan created by an external actor will be more objective and have a higher degree of professionalism.
- What are “life members” of the Library board?
Stratford Library Association was established with an 11 member library board in 1895. Board members were appointed for lifetime terms and served until they resigned or passed away. In the 1920’s 11 Town Appointed members were added to the Board (creating a 22 member board). Town Appointed members serve a 3 year term and are appointed by Town Council. The Life Members are a self-appointed body without term limits and collectively serve on the Endowment Fund Committee which reports to the whole Board.
- Is there anything in the Town of Stratford’s plans that will need to be factored into this planning process?
That is to be determined by the consultant/firm selected during the strategic planning process.
- Is the timeline outlined in the RFP firm?
If a consultant/firm needs to deviate from the timeline presented in the RFP, the respondent should present a new timeline and reason for the deviation.
- How did you get our name?
We reviewed lists of consultants/firms that do strategic planning.
RFP and Planning Process Timeline
1. Proposals in PDF and WORD must be received via email before 10:00 a.m. October 15, 2021.
2. All questions must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and received
no later than September 30, 2021. Telephone inquiries will not be addressed. Answers will
be provided by October 5, 2021 on this page.
3. The strategic planning process will begin no later than November 15, 2021.
4. An inception report must be submitted on or before December 1, 2021. A draft report/plan
and executive summary are to be submitted to the Library Director three (3) weeks before
the final deliverable date, no later than March 31, 2022.
5. The strategic planning process will conclude by April 30. 2022.