The mission of the Stratford Library is to empower and enrich our diverse community by providing access to innovative services, information, and ideas.
QUIET: Intermittent conversation, at a low level, is permitted but must not disturb others. The Lower Level is maintained as a quiet study space.
Cell phone conversations are limited to the lobby.
SIZE OF GROUPS: There is a limit of 4 persons per table and 1 person per chair.
ATTIRE: Proper attire, including shoes and shirts, is required.
SAFETY: The Library does not permit articles which represent a safety or fire hazard. Bicycles, skateboards and similar vehicles are not permitted in the building. Children under age 12 must be accompanied by a responsible adult, as per state law.
PACKAGES: The Library reserves the right to open and inspect any packages, briefcases, etc. at any time while on the premises.
The following are prohibited:
- Roaming, running, disturbing others & unnecessary use of elevators.
- Smoking all products (including e-cigarettes), beverages without lids and foods with strong odors.
- Pets (except service animals).
- Littering or defacing of property.
- Disorderly actions, which include but is not limited to being under the influence, and which interfere with the functioning and/or purpose of the Library.
- Verbal or physical abuse toward any individual(s).
- Skateboarding, bicycling, rollerblading and roller-skating, especially at entryways.
Failure to comply with a reasonable, official request to follow this Code of Conduct constitutes a violation. Individuals who have been asked to comply and fail to do so will be asked to leave the premises. If necessary, the Stratford Police will be called to enforce the Code of Conduct.
Violation of the Code of Conduct may result in suspension of library privileges.