Sign up for Summer Reading
- Kids: Independent Readers
- Kids: Read to me!
Check out our Summer Events Catalog
Kids age 0-12 can become a Mayor’s Reading Champion! Details on how to become a Champion and sign up for the Summer Reading Challenge Celebration are here (PDF).
Summer Reading suggestions from the Children’s Department
Summer Reading suggestions from the Teen Department
Summer Reading Programs
Children’s Summer Reading has two programs:
Read To Me (Birth – Age 8)
Young children are invited to read, write, sing, talk, and play this summer with monthly prizes and activities for reading. Children will receive a special book when they sign up (while supplies last) and an invitation to a purple party on September 13th.
Independent Readers (Ages 5 – 12)
Readers are invited to join the Library’s summer program, Find Your Voice. Read 8 books to complete the summer challenge and become a Mayor’s Summer Reading Champion with an ice cream party on August 9th. Participate in special weekly reading challenges to spin the Library’s prize wheel.
Teen Summer Reading
Join our 2023 teen summer reading challenge, Find Your Voice, for a chance to win prizes! Participation is easy:
1) Scan the QR code to create an online reading account.
2) Log your reading time from 6/1 to 8/12. Earn 1 virtual “ticket” for every 30 minutes of time spent reading (or listening!) to a book, comic, magazine, etc.
3) More tickets = more chances to win. One winner will be randomly selected each week to win a $15 gift card; one winner will be randomly selected to win our $25 gift card grand prize in August.
Adult Summer Reading
Join our 2023 adult summer reading challenge, Find Your Voice, by logging the books you’re reading & listening to. Each title you log will be entered into our August gift card prize drawings. To get started:
1) Scan the QR code to create an online account and follow the prompts to log your reading titles.
2) If you prefer not to create an account, call (203-385-4164), email (email@example.com), or DM us on social media to share your summer reading titles.
Include your full name, phone/email address and the title of the book or audiobook.
3) Prize winners will be contacted after 8/12.Looking for reading recommendations?
You can get a custom recommendation from our librarians! Build Your Own Book Bundle and we’ll suggest 3-5 books. You can also browse book lists in our catalog.