Sign up for Summer Reading
Summer Reading suggestions from the Children’s Department
Summer Reading suggestions from the Teen Department
Summer Reading Programs
Children’s Summer Reading has two programs:
Read To Me (Birth – Age 8)
Young children are invited to read, write, sing, talk, and play this summer with monthly prizes and activities for reading. Children will receive a special book when they sign up (while supplies last) and an invitation to a purple party on September 13th.
Independent Readers (Ages 5 – 12)
Readers are invited to join the Library’s summer program, Find Your Voice. Read 8 books to complete the summer challenge and become a Mayor’s Summer Reading Champion with an ice cream party on August 9th. Participate in special weekly reading challenges to spin the Library’s prize wheel.
2) Log your reading time from 6/1 to 8/12. Earn 1 virtual “ticket” for every 30 minutes of time spent reading (or listening!) to a book, comic, magazine, etc.
3) More tickets = more chances to win. One winner will be randomly selected each week to win a $15 gift card; one winner will be randomly selected to win our $25 gift card grand prize in August.
Adult Summer Reading
Join our 2023 adult summer reading challenge, Find Your Voice, by logging the books you’re reading & listening to. Each title you log will be entered into our August gift card prize drawings. To get started:
1) Sign up for Adult Summer Reading.
2) If you prefer not to create an account, call (203-385-4164), email (email@example.com), or DM us on social media to share your summer reading titles.
Include your full name, phone/email address and the title of the book or audiobook.
3) Prize winners will be contacted after 8/12.