- 6 cups flour
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup Crisco
- 6 eggs
- 1 orange rind grated
- 2 oranges juiced (1/4-1/3 cup)
- Mix dry ingredients and make a well in the middle. Beat the eggs in the center, and add orange juice. Gradually incorporate dry ingredients to make a sticky dough.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large, shallow bowl. A large spaghetti serving bowl is perfect.
- Beat the eggs with the orange juice in another bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients gradually to form a sticky dough. Add a little more flour as needed to help with the forming of the dough.
- Form into a long, flat loaf on a greased or lined with parchment paper baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Let the loaf cool well before cutting. Unlike biscotti, this is not baked again after cutting.