Creamy Pan Seared Salmon with Tomatoes and Spinach
Received from a friend - Weight Watcher approved!!
- 2 tbsp garlic flavored olive oil
- 4 4 oz each skin on salmon fillets
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 bag 6 oz baby spinach
- ½ cup low fat evaporated milk if not looking at calories, you can use half and half or heavy cream
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper and transfer to the skillet, skin side up.
- Cook for about 7 to 8 minutes, or until browned and cooked about three quarters of the way through.
- Flip over and cook for 2 more minutes more; remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add butter to skillet and melt over medium heat. Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add cherry tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook for 1 - 2 minutes, or until tomatoes begin to soften.
- Stir in spinach and cook for 1 minute, or until spinach is beginning to wilt. Stir in evaporated milk parmesan cheese, basil, and parsley; bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 2 minutes. Add salmon back to the skillet and continue to cook for 3 minutes, or until salmon is heated through.
- Remove from the heat. Spoon sauce over each fillet and serve.