- 2-3 lbs hamburger
- 2-3 eggs
- 1 cup rice
- 1 onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 carrot grated
- onion soup mix optional
- 6 potatoes
- 1-2 onions
- 1 bell pepper
- 4 - 5 carrots
- 4 cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 can whole tomatoes
- 2-3 fresh tomatoes
- 3 stalks of celery
- 1 large head of cabbage
- large pot
- Mix together in a bowl, the rice, hamburger, vegetables and eggs.
- Season with pepper, salt or onion soup mix. Set aside.
- Cut up potatoes, onions, bell pepper, carrots, and celery. Set aside.
- Cut out the core of the cabbage. Set in a large bowl.
- Pour boiling water over cabbage. Let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- When water is cool enough to touch, start making the cabbage rolls.
- Place about 2 tablespoons full of mixture into cabbage. My cabbage rolls usually look like cabbage balls.
- I put the leafy closed ends facing down, to keep the mixture from opening up while cooking.
- After all cabbage rolls/balls are in your pot, put all cut up vegetables on top of rolls/balls.
- Next, pour tomatoes on top. For each can of tomatoes, I pour one can of water.