Grilled Tequila Lime Chicken
Have used it with friends during summer cookout meals.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp tequila
- 1 tbsp lime zest from about 2 limes
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 ¼ tsp ground ancho chili pepper
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- 1 ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 tsp honey
- 4 boneless chicken breasts about 2 lbs pounded to an even 1/2 inch thickness
- 1 lime sliced into wedges for serving (optional)
- Combine all of the ingredients except the chicken breast in a 1 gallon freezer bag.
- Close the bag and squish the marinade around to mix. Add the chicken breasts and massage the marinade into the meat until evenly coated.
- Seal the bag and place it in a box in the refrigerator (the bowl protects against leakage); marinade for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Clean the grill and preheat to high. Lightly dip a wad of paper towels in vegetable oil and using tongs, carefully rub over the grates until glossy and coated (or use non flammable cooking spray).
- Place the chicken breasts on the grill and spoon the remaining marinade on top of them. Grill, covered, for 2 - 3 minutes per side (turning only once)
- Serve immediately with lime wedges