- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 2 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup orange juice
- 5 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup fruit preserves any flavor
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until lightly and fluffy. Stir in the oil, vanilla and orange juice.
- Combine the flour and baking powder; stir into the batter to form a stiff dough. If dough is not stiff enough to roll out, stir in more flour.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough out to 1/4 inch in thickness. Cut into circles using a cookie cutter or the rim or a drinking glass.
- Place cookies 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets. Spoon about 2 teaspoons of preserves into the center of each one. Pinch the edges to form three corners.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned.
- Allow cookies to cool for 1 minute on the cookie sheet before removing to wire racks to cool completely.