Pennsylvania Dutch Funnel Cakes
Our grandmother's recipe but originally it is a Pennsylvania Dutch Am8ish Recipe. Great for adults and fun for children.
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 ½ cup milk
- 3 cups flour sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups cooking oil crisco canola
- Blend and sift dry ingredients.
- Add milk and beaten eggs to dry ingredients, then blend, don't beat.
- Blend till batter is not lumpy.
- Fill a funnel halfway, swirl around in circular motions.
- Let fry in hot oil until golden brown.
- Dry on paper towels and sprinkle with confectioners sugar (powder), cinnamon and sugar.