Russian Beet Salad (Vinaigrette)
- 1 pound beets
- 1 pound carrots
- 1 pound potatoes
- 2 large dill pickles diced
- 1 onion minced
- 1 8 oz can peas, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley Optional
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Place the beets into a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for about 20 minutes. Add the carrots and potatoes. Boil for another 10 minutes, then cover the pot and leave overnight.
- The next day, peel and dice the beets, carrots, and potatoes into small, even pieces. Place the vegetables in a large bowl. Stir in the pickles, onion, peas, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Garnish with parsley before serving.