Veal Tongue in Aspic
- 1 veal tongue
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 1 celery root
- 1 parsley root
- bay leaves
- pepper peas
- 1 qt broth
- ½ cup white vine
- 1 ½ oz gelatin swollen in 1/2 c boiled water
- 1 sprig marjoram
- Wash tongue carefully, boil with spices and roots, onion.
- Peel off the skin, cut in beautiful slices, put slices on the dish and decorate with thin rounds of carrots.
- Soak gelatin in cold boiled water for an hour.
- Strain broth, pour in white vine, add a sprig marjoram, stir in swollen gelatin carefully, bring to boil. BUT don't boil!!!
- Pour over on tongue slices very carefully at three goes. Let congeal.
- Serve with horseradish sauce.