Vegetable and Feta Latkes
- 2 ½ cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup peeled and shredded potatoes
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ cup matzo meal
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- Place the zucchini, potato and carrots in a colander, place paper towels or a cheesecloth over the top and squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- Sprinkle salt over the vegetables and let them drain for 15 minutes. Squeeze vegetable again in paper towels.
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, vegetables, salt and pepper. Mix well. Stir in matzo meal or flour, parsley and feta.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large frying pan. Place vegetable mixture, formed into pancake sized cakes in hot oil and fry until golden brown on both sides. (Cook two to three minutes per side).
- Add more oil as needed to keep cakes frying up well. Drain fried latkes on paper towels.