Cinnamon Baked Donuts by Ina Garten Food Network
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 extra-large egg lightly beaten
- 1 ¼ cups whole milk
- 2 taespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- For the toppping:
- 8 tablespoons 1 stick unsalted butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 doughnut pans well.
- Into a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, melted butter, and vanilla. Stir the wet mixture into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the baking pans, filling each one a little more than three-quarters full. Bake for 17 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then tap the doughnuts out onto a sheet pan.
- For the topping, melt the 8 tablespoons of butter in an 8-inch saute pan. Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Dip each doughnut first in the butter and then in the cinnamon sugar, either on one side or both sides.
Our kids love this recipe, grownups too. The donuts melt in your mouth, so good! Submitted by Michael Aloi