NEW for 2022: Library Gala Book Sale
In 1894, a Copper Beech tree was planted in front of the Stratford Library, where it stood tall and proud until 2016, when it had to be removed for public safety. The Library worked with City Bench of Higganum, CT to preserve some of the wood from the tree, creating a beautiful table which is now located in our lobby. The table features a base made with stacks of giant ‘books’. Each book has a spine, which will be auctioned off.
How it works: The top bidders will have the opportunity to personalize one of the giant book spines located in the lobby of the Library. There are book spines available in three categories: Premium, Select, and Standard.
- Premium book spines are most visible-facing the lobby and located closer to the floor. There are 3 Premium book spines available. (Starting bid: $300.)
- Select book spines are visible-facing away from the main lobby space, toward the entryways to Adult, Teen & Children’s Departments and located closer to the floor. There are 4 Select book spines available. (Starting bid: $250.)
- Standard book spines are located just under the tabletop and have limited visibility. There are 2 Standard book spines available. (Starting bid: $100.)
- Bids will be accepted in all three categories, with the top bidder having first choice of the available books in that category, the next highest bidder having second choice, and so on.*
- Winners have the opportunity to inscribe the spine of their ‘book’ with family names, memorials or a special message. Inscriptions are subject to approval.
- Inscriptions will remain on display for the life of the table.
*Due to the small number of ‘books’ available, you may bid in multiple categories, but only win in one. Your highest value bid will be accepted and the others will be discarded.
Place your bid:
- CLICK HERE to bid on a Premium book spine. The current leading bid in this category is:
- CLICK HERE to bid on a Select book spine. The current leading bid in this category is:
- CLICK HERE to bid on a Standard book spine. The current leading bid in this category is:
*PLEASE NOTE: Bids for all three categories must increase by increments of $50. Online bids can be placed until 3 pm on Friday, 4/29/22; Library Gala attendees will have the opportunity to place additional bids during the event.