The Library is currently operating under Phase 4 of the Stratford Library Association Covid 19 Pandemic Plan of Operation. Study Rooms are not currently available.
Study Rooms are available to Library patrons by advance reservation or walk in use (on a first-come, first-served basis)
- Reservations may be made up to one month in advance.
- Two people maximum per room. Study Rooms are available for users of all ages, but children age 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Study Rooms may be used for up to three hours at a time
- Patrons must sign in at the Reference Desk and leave a Library card or other form of identification. When finished, the patron will inform the Reference Desk staff and pick up his/her identification.
- To reserve: call the Reference Desk 203-385-4164, email slaask@stratfordlibrary org or stop by the Reference Desk.
- No shows: If the room is not claimed within 15 minutes of the reserved time, the reservation will be cancelled and the room will be available to others for the remainder of the time slot. If a patron is delayed, accommodations may be made by calling the Reference Desk, depending on availability.
- The rooms are not a designated quiet space but users are asked to keep the noise level down so as to not disturb other study room users.
- Stratford Library is not responsible for lost or stolen items that are left in study rooms. Doors should be locked if a person leaves the room. Personal items left in the study room past the reserved time will be removed by Library staff and will be available for pickup at the Reference Desk. After 7 days, items will be placed in the Lost & Found.
- Windows on study room doors must remain uncovered.
- Furniture is not to be moved in or out of a study room except by authorized staff.
- Food and/or drink are allowed provided that the food or drink is not messy. Room users must clean up the room before leaving.
- A library staff member will escort patrons to Study Rooms, unlock the door and inspect for any damage prior to the patron’s use of the room.
- Library staff has the right to refuse the use of a study room, if the Library Code of Conduct or other Library Policies are violated.
Written 04/04; Revised 09/06, 8/12, 12/13, 10/17