Noodle Kugel (Pudding) with Candied Pecans
A brand new delicious recipe.
- ½ pound wide egg noodles
- ¼ pound plus more for buttering the jpan
- 6 large eggs
- ½ pound cream cheese softened
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 pound cottage cheese
- ¾ cup sugar mixed with 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup raisins optional
- 1 cup glazed pecans or walnuts can purchase at grocery store or make your own
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Butter a 13 x 9 x 2 inch glass dish.
- Cook noodles using packing directions until al dente.
- Drain well; return the noodles to the pot, add butter and mix to melt and completely coat the noodles.
- In a large bowl beat eggs, cream cheese, sour cream, cottage cheese, sugar, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the raisins if you are including them.
- Combine the noodles with the mixture and place in baking dish.
- Sprinkle nuts over kugel.
- Stir together butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and nuts and sprinkle over kugel.
- Bake kugel for 1 hour until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature.