A favorite of all the special women in my life; my mother, my mother-in-law, my aunts, my niece.
- 1 cup sugar mixed with 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup butter or margarine softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 12 ounce jar apricot preserves
- 1 can apple pie filling apples should be well-drained
- Sugar/cinnamon mixture approximately 4 teaspoons
- Grease 13 x 9 x 2 pan; beat all ingredients except apples and jam and mix well.
- Press 3/4 dough into pan.
- Spread apricot jam over dough. Sprinkle lightly with 1-2 teaspoons of sugar cinnamon mixture.
- Place drained apples on top of apricot mixture; sprinkle with another 1-2 teaspoons of sugar cinnamon mixture.
- Crumble the rest of the dough on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees 45-60 minutes until golden brown.