Picante Black Bean Pizza Dip
This is from a press release that was sent to the Connecticut Post (where I worked for 40 years). We have made this many times for our guests, and it's always been a huge hit over the last 20 years.
- 2 cans 15 oz black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup Pace mild picante sauce divided
- 3 oz Brick cream cheese at room temperature
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- ½ cup finely chopped pepperoni
- ½ cup chopped mixed red and green peppers
- ¼ cup ripe olive slices
- Puree beans in a food processor until fairly smooth.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup of the picante sauce, cream cheese, garlic and seasonings, mix well.
- Spread evenly into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Top evenly with the remaining picante sauce, pepperoni, peppers, and olives.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes until hot.
- Serve with tortilla chips.