My mother's recipe that was always made for family events (especially in the summer)
- 1 large bag of frozen strawberries
- 1 large can crushed pineapple
- 1 large box Strawberry Jello
- ½ Pt Sour cream low fat is fine
- ½ a banana mashed
- Mix Jell-O in two cups boiling water.
- Add frozen strawberries (cut them into slices if they are big)
- Add crushed pineapple and mashed banana to the gelatin, fruit mixture.
- Pour 1/2 of the mixture into a 8"" X 10"" rectangular pan
- Refrigerate this half of the mixture until it becomes solid (approximately 45 minutes)
- Cover with sour cream
- Slowly add the remaining fruit - gelatin mixture on top.
- Refrigerate until hardened. (at least 1 - 2 hours)
- Cut into squares to serve.
- May add a dollop of whipped topping on top if desired