This was my paternal grandmothers recipe that was passed down to her. I make mini loaves for friends and family during Thanksgiving and Christmas. It is delicious toasted with some butter.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup coarsly chopped walnuts
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- Juice & rind of one orange add more boiling water to make 3/4 cup liquid
- Mix all ingredients together by hand. Add nuts and cranberries last.
- Pour into greased and floured loaf pan or mini loaf pans.
- Bake @ 325 degrees for 1 to 1 1/4 hour for loaf pan,
- 35-40 minuntes for six mini loaves.