Duck with Apples
- 1 duck about 6 lb
- 1-2 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1,5 cup white wine
- 5 sour apples
- 10 potatoes for garnish
- Place the duck in cold salty water for an hour. Drain off the water.
- Grease the duck outside and from within with mustard and leave overnight in the refrigerator covered with plastic wrap.
- De-core and peel the apples. Cut the apple into slices and stuff the duck with them. Sew up the duck with thread. Coat the outside of the duck with honey.
- Place the duck into a baking pan and add the white wine to the pan.
- Bake the duck in an oven 1-1.5 hours depending on the size of the duck at 350F. During this time, rotate the duck in the oven and check that the skin has blushed.
- Add water to pan when the duck starts to formed fat. If the skin on a duck starts to burn, cover with it with foil.
- 30 minutes prior to readiness of a duck lay in the peeled potatoes. Bake the potatoes until they are soft.
- Check to ensure that the duck has reached the safe internal temperature before removing from the oven. Pull out the thread from the duck.
- Take out from inside of the duck the apples and cut the duck into serving portions.
- Arrange the potatoes and apples around the duck and serve.