Eggplant Spread (Baklazhanovaya Ikra)
- 1 ea large eggplant
- 1 ea onion
- 2 ea tomatoes
- 2 ea garlic cloves
- 2 tb vinegar
- 2 tb vegetable oil
- fresh parsley
- Pierce an eggplant with a fork in several places, put on a baking sheet and bake, about an hour, turning while baking, until soft. Cool down.
- Cut the eggplant, lengthwise, in two halves. Scoop out the pulp and chop until very fine.
- Chop onion very finely, peel tomatoes and chop, mince garlic cloves.
- Mix onion, tomatoes and pulp, garlic, oil, vinegar.
- Stir thoroughly and season on your taste.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- Baklazhanovaya Ikra is served with chopped parsley.