Jewish Carrot Tzimmes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 ½ pounds carrots peeled and cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- ⅓ cup seedless golden raisins
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey
- 1 ½ tablespoons brown sugar
- kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add carrots, raisins, orange juice, honey, brown sugar, salt, and pepper; bring it to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until carrots are tender, about 25 minutes.
- Uncover, raise heat to high, and cook until sauce has thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle parsley on top before serving.