- 1 ½ lb lamb
- 3 tbsp fat
- 4 onions
- 5 carrots
- 1 c dried apricots
- 1 c rice
- ½ c water
- Slice onion and put it on the bottom of a well-heated cauldron and fry until light golden.
- Slice meat and fry with onion. Add julienned carrot, salt, pepper and stew.
- Wash rice under running water and put evenly on meat layer (1 cup rice - 1 1/2 cup water).
- Bring to boil, making holes to let air get out.
- Put finely chopped dried apricots, cover and cook, not stirring, on low heat for an hour.
- Take off from the heat, cover warm and leave for 15 minutes.
- Stir carefully and serve on a large dish.