Mexican Bean Dip
A recipe passed down from an FCS teacher friend. Makes a lot and is great at parties. Always gets good reviews.
- 1 medium red onion minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can red beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can garbanzo beans drained
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can Mexican corn
- 1 can black eyed peas
- 1 can shoepeg corn
- 1 can rotel tomatoes
- 1 small bottle Robusto Italian dressing
- Peel and mince the onion and garlic. Place in a large bowl.
- Drain and rinse the 2 cans of red and back beans, and drain garbanzo beans and add to the bowl. Mix all of the ingredients together
- Add the remaining cans of corn, black eyed peas and tomatoes and once again lightly toss all ingredients.
- Add Italian dressing and mix all ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Serve with scoops or other tortilla chips.