- 4 lb average tomatoes
- 1 liter water
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ⅓ cup vinegar 9%
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Clean the jars very well. Sterilize them in the boiling water for 20 minutes.
- Put a leaf of horse-radish, dill and few cloves of garlic on the bottom of the jar. Then out the tomatoes up to the top.
- Sterilize the covers ( there are special ones for preserving) in the boiling water for 15 minutes. Add sugar and salt into water and boil it.
- After boiling add vinegar and let liquid boil during 5 minutes. Pour hot liquid into the jar to the brim. Close the jars with covers.
- Turn the jar upside down to check the leaking. Put somewhere some warm things (it can be an old blanket or a jacket), put the jars upside down.
- Cover them with a blanket. Leave then for 4-6 hours. After that if the jars are still warm, let them cool down.
- Then place them in a cool place (fridge, cellar) and keep for months.
- Pickled tomatoes can be served with anything you like.
Tomatoes are usually pickled in large jars ( 3 l, and this recipe is for 3 l jars ). If you want you can use little ones, it's more comfortable to open them.