Russell's Famous Banana Nut Bread
My very good friend Russell makes this bread and it's amazing.
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 3 ½ tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp corn oil
- 1 egg
- 2-3 mashed ripe bananas
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 cup walnuts more is better
- Heat oven to 350. Grease flour two 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 inch loaf pans.
- Measure all ingredients into large mixer bowl; beat on medium speed about a minute or so, scraping side and bottom of bowl. Pour into pans.
- Bake 1 hour or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Removed from pan; cool thoroughly before slicing.
Makes 2 loaves.