Tea Time Tassie's
This recipe was my moms, Carmela Mudre. Throughout the 1960's she was a Nichols School Room Mother for me and my brother Gary. She proudly served these Tea Time Tassies at PTA Events.
- 1 small pkg cream cheese
- ¼ lb oleo
- 1 cup flour
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- ⅔ cup chopped nuts
- Small cupcake tins to hold 24 Tassies
- 24 Small colorful cupcake liners
- Mix together cream cheese, oleo,flour & sugar. Roll into 24 balls.
- Place on cookie sheet in the 'fridge for 1 hour.
- Take out and let stand for a few minutes
- Mix together the light brown sugar, egg,salt,vanilla,melted butter & nuts.
- Let stand a few minutes. Take each ball and press into the 24 ungreased tins to form a cup
- Scoop out a teaspoon size of the filling and place that into each cup
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes
- *Note- after 20 minutes pick up each Tassie to see if they are brown enough
- When cool, place each Tassie in a small colorful cupcake liner to serve.