Ukrainian Potato Pancakes (Deruny)
- 1 lg Onion grated
- 6 Potatoes peeled & grated
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Salt
- ¾ tsp Black pepper
- 1 pt Sour cream
- ½ pt Cream
- In a large bowl use a mixer to puree the ingredients except the sour cream & cream. You may do this in a food processor as well or a blender.
- Heat oil in a skillet and when hot drop large spoonsful of the mixture.
- Cook until browned on one side. Turn and repeat. When done remove, drain, and place in a warm oven.
- Mix the sour cream & cream together. Serve warm with a large dollop of the the cream mixture!
This a staple in Ukrainian homes and these pancakes will store well in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. In many homes preserves or jam is also served on these delicious pancakes.