Many preschool children and beginning readers are interested in learning about the world around them.
The Stratford Library Children’s Department has a browsing collection of Easy Nonfiction books designed to spark the curiosity of these young explorers.
Easy Nonfiction books are organized by subject in these categories and sub-categories:
• About Me: Bullying, Character, Family, Feelings, Going to the Doctor, Health, Human Body, Manners, Nutrition, Safety, Senses
• Animals: Babies, Birds, Color, Farm, Homes, Land, Lizards, Pets, Sea, Snakes, Wild
• Arts: Crafts, Dance, Drawing, Instruments, Music, Painting
• Bugs: Bees, Butterflies, Spiders
• Building: Bridges, Buildings, Castles, Farms, Tools
• Community: Citizenship, Farms, Jobs, Government, Military Places, Recycling, School
• Countries: (by name of country)
• History: (individual biographies)
• Holidays: (by name of holiday)
• Math: Addition, Counting, Graphs, Maps, Measurement, Money, Opposites, Patterns, Shapes, Size, Subtraction, Time
• Months: (by name of month)
• Nature: Dinosaurs, Disasters, Earthquakes, Environment, Gardening, Geology, Oceans, Plants, Seasons, Trees, Volcanoes, Weather, Winter
• Reading: Books, Grammar, Letters, Punctuation, Poetry, Riddles, Sounds, We Read Phonics, Words
• Religions: (by name of religion)
• Science: Colors, Forces, Matter, Products, Shadows, Simple Machines, Space
• Sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cheerleading, Fishing, Football, Gymnastics, Hockey, Martial Arts, Ice Skating, Sailing, Skateboarding, Skiing, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track
• States: (by name of state)
• Vehicles: Aircraft, Ambulances, Bikes, Boats, Cars, Construction, Farm, Military, Motorcycles, Recreation, Snow, Trains, Trucks
These books are located next to the Easy Reader Fiction books.