Asparagus with Black Olives and Orange Dressing
I have had this recipe a long time and love it as a summer side dish. It seems like an odd combo-orange and olive? But it's very good, easy and different.
- 1 ½ lbs. medium asparagus ends trimmed
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp sugar
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped black kalamata olives
- Bring stockpot filled with salted water to a boil over high heat. Fill large bowl with ice water and set aside.
- Add asparagus to boiling water and cook until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and immediately refresh in cold water for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all other ingredients (except olives). Arrange asparagus in a serving bowl. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle olives over top and serve at room temperature or chilled.