Authentic Russian Salad (Olivye)
- 6 potatoes peeled
- 1 carrot or more to taste
- 4 eggs
- 6 large pickles cut into cubes
- 1 15 oz can peas, drained
- ½ cup cubed fully cooked ham or to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or to taste (Optional)
- ½ cup mayonnaise or to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add potatoes and carrot. Return mixture to a boil and add eggs; cook until potatoes are tender, 20 to 30 minutes. Drain and slightly cool mixture. Chop potatoes and carrot; peel and chop eggs.
- Mix potatoes, carrot, eggs, pickles, peas, ham, and parsley together in a large bowl; stir in mayonnaise until salad is evenly coated."