Recipe was found in an old country magazine many years ago. Our family has enjoyed it for many years with variations.
- 1 cup Chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 can 28 oz tomatoes with liquid cut up
- 1 can 4 oz mushrooms, stems and pieces drained
- 1 can 2 1/4 oz sliced olives drained
- 1 box spaghetti
- 1 lb. ground beef browned and drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can 10 3/4 oz condensed cream of mushroom soup
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute green peppers and onion in butter until tender.
- Add tomatoes, mushrooms, olives.
- Cook the spaghetti and drain.
- In another pan brown the ground beef and drain. Add the ground beef to the vegetable mixture
- Place half of the spaghetti in a greased 13 x 9 baking dish. Top with half of the vegetable mixture.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Mix the soup and water until smooth and pour over the casserole
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.