Classic Bruschetta is an easy favorite of my family's. My father loves to make this and still uses this recipe years after we first started to use it.
- 8 Roma tomatoes seeded, finely diced
- 3 Garlic cloves finely chopped and
- 3 Garlic cloves left whole
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp fresh basil finely chopped
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 baguette 2 1/2-3 inches in diameter, cut in about 20 slices
- In a large bowl, add the tomatoes, chopped garlic (keep whole cloves for later), olive oil, vinegar, basil, salt and pepper.
- Stir the ingredients until well-mixed and let them rest at room temperature while you toast the bread.
- When slices are cool, rub with whole cloves of garlic.
- Top with tomato mixture.