Chicken with Feta Cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup vodka
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, and cook until browned on both sides and no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes; place into a 9x13 inch baking dish and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium, and melt the remaining butter in the pan. Stir in the garlic, and onion, and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly until the onion has begun to soften. Stir in the flour, and continue cooking 5 minutes more. Add the vodka, and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Allow to simmer for 2 minutes, then stir in the tomato paste, chicken broth, salt, pepper, parsley, sour cream, and feta cheese. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 20 to 30 minutes stirring frequently.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Pour the hot sauce over the chicken breasts, and bake in preheated oven until the top has browned, about 20 minutes.