Liver Pate (Pashtet Iz Pechonki)
- 1 lb Chicken livers or calves
- liver cutinto strips
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 large Onions sliced thin
- ⅓ cup Butter
- ¼ tsp Black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 White bread slices crustless
- ½ cup Chicken stock
- ½ Garlic clove minced
- In large skillet melt the butter, add the onions and garlic.
- Fry until they begin to brown, add the liver and continue to fry for 8-12 minutes until the livers are no longer showing any pink.
- Put the ingredients into blender/food processor and chop until the mixture is very fine and smooth.
- Grease a casserole dish and turn out the liver mixture into it.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake the mixture for 45 minutes. remove from and allow to cool for 15 minutes then cover and refrigerate for 4-6 hours before serving.