New Year Eve Olivier Salad
- 2 lb waxy potatoes such as Yukon Gold;
- 1 large carrot
- 2 lb unsliced bologna
- 1 white onion minced;
- 1 can green peas drained;
- 3 hardboiled eggs mashed;
- 3 tbsp fresh dill weed minced;
- 3 dill pickles quartered lengthwise and sliced;
- 1 tsp black peppercorns;
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 1 cup mayonnaise freshly made preferable;
- freshly ground black pepper
- Place potatoes and carrot, unpeeled, into a stock pot.
- Add bay leaves, peppercorns, and enough boiling water to cover.
- Simmer until done when pricked with a fork, but not falling apart.
- Cool completely and peel. Cube potatoes and bologna.
- Slice the carrot in half lengthwise.
- Split each half into thirds lengthwise and slice across.
- Toss together potatoes, bologna, carrot, pickles, eggs, onion, peas, and dill.
- Season with ground black pepper.
- Add mayonnaise, mix well, and chill before serving.