- 2 cups peeled and shredded potatoes
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 3 eggs beaten
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ cup peanut oil for frying
- Place the potatoes in a cheesecloth and wring, extracting as much moisture as possible.
- In a medium bowl stir the potatoes, onion, eggs, flour and salt together.
- In a large heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil until hot.
- Place large spoonful of the potato mixture into the hot oil, pressing down on them to form 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick patties.
- Brown on one side, turn and brown on the other. Let drain on paper towels. Serve hot!