Quaker’s Best Oatmeal Cookies
This is not a family recipe, it’s a Quaker Oats recipe but always a hit whenever I bring them anywhere!
- 2 ½ sticks butter softened
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt (optional)
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 cups oatmeal quick or old fashioned, uncooked
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375F. In large bowl beat butter and sugars until creamy. Add egg and vanilla; beat well.
- In another bowl mix dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg.
- Add slowly to wet ingredients, mix well.
- Add oats, mix well.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets
- Bake 8-9 minutes for chewy cookies or 10-11 for crisp cookies.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Store tightly covered.
About 3 dozen.