Riffle Soup and Dumplings
- ½ lb Bacon or more if you like
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 stalks chopped celery
- 4 cups potatoes sliced or cubed
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp dry parsley
- 2 envelopes Goya ham flavored concentrate optional
- 6 cups hot water
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 eggs
- Chop bacon into 1” pieces and cook until browned in the bottom of a large stock pot.
- Add onions and celery while the bacon is cooking. Add potatoes, water, salt, pepper, parsley and ham flavoring. Simmer until potatoes are tender.
- While soup is cooking, make the dumplings. Combine flour and salt. Make a well in the middle of the flour mixture.
- Add the eggs and scramble them with a fork. Use the fork to incorporate the eggs into the flour. The dough will be sticky.
- When the potatoes are tender, bring the soup to a boil and drop dough by teaspoonful into the soup. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes until the dumplings are cooked.