Russian Deviled Eggs
- 1 small beet peeled
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish Optional
- 6 eggs
- 1 pinch ground paprika or to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 12 sprigs fresh cilantro Optional
- Place beet in a small saucepan with water to cover; bring to a simmer and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and cool. Grate beet on medium holes of a grater. Place grated beet in a bowl; stir in mayonnaise, mustard, and relish.
- Place eggs in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 15 minutes. Remove eggs from hot water, cool under cold running water, and peel.
- Cut each egg in half lengthwise; place egg yolks in a bowl. Mash egg yolks with a fork; stir beet mixture into egg yolks. Season with paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Place egg whites cut-side up on a serving platter. Spoon yolk mixture into egg white halves; top with cilantro.